Contributed by Franco-American Collection
The clubhouse of Le Montagnard at the corner of Lisbon and Maple streets in Lewiston with an ice palace in its parking lot.
The club is the oldest snowshoe club in the United States, started in 1924, and once had about 1,000 members.
About This Item
- Title: Le Montagnard clubhouse, Lewiston, 1985
- Creation Date: 1985
- Subject Date: 1985
- Town: Lewiston
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.3 cm x 17.8 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Castles & palaces--Maine--Lewiston
- French Americans--Maine--Lewiston
- Snowshoes & snowshoeing--Maine--Lewiston
- Athletic clubs
- Ice sculptures--Maine--Lewiston
For more information about this item, contact:Franco-American Collection
USM, 51 Westminster Street, Lewiston, ME 04240
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.