Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Chester Black sawing the tail off of a whale carcass on Ragged Island.
He planned to have the eight-foot tail stuffed and placed in his store at Island Point, Orr's Island.
About This Item
- Title: Chester Black cutting beached whale, Ragged Island, 1927
- Creator: Portland Press Herald
- Creation Date: 1927-02-23
- Subject Date: 1927-02-23
- Local Name: Ragged Island
- Town: Harpswell
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.14636
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.