Contributed by Seashore Trolley Museum
A postcard showing Marlands Cottages at Cape Porpoise. Note the tracks running along the shoreline visible on the right. The correspondence on the back of the card from July 31, 1950: "Dear Ted, Thought you might be interested to have this view showing the old Y.U. track at Cape Porpoise. The location was part way out to the wharf. Negotiations are proceeding for the well-point. I also have a pump included in the deal. J. Barr."
"Y.U." refers to trackage owned by the York Utilities Company. "Ted" is Ted Santorelli De Brasche, the founder of the Seashore Trolley Museum in Kennebunkport.
About This Item
- Title: Marlands Cottages, Cape Porpoise, ca. 1950
- Creation Date: circa 1950
- Subject Date: circa 1950
- Local Name: Cape Porpoise
- Town: Kennebunkport
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: Seashore Trolley Museum Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Seashore Trolley Museum
PO Box A, Log Cabin Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- York Utilities Company (Me.)--Equipment & supplies
- Street railroads--Maine--Kennebunkport
- Railroad tracks--Maine--Kennebunkport
- Electric railroads--Maine--Kennebunkport
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.