Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Crowds gather around the rearing pens at the Maine State Fish Hatchery #1.
The hatchery was built in 1901 on the Panther River and was moved to Casco in the 1950s.
About This Item
- Title: State Fish Hatchery #1, Raymond, 1926
- Creation Date: 1926
- Subject Date: 1926
- Location: Raymond, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.14116
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fish hatcheries--Maine--Raymond
- Maine. Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.