Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
In addition to being one of Portland's mayors, James Phinney Baxter (1831-1921) was a businessman and benefactor of Portland and Gorham, the town of his birth.
He served as a president of the Maine Historical Society and donated libraries to Portland and Gorham.
About This Item
- Title: James Phinney Baxter, Portland, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 7 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--People--Baxter
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Portland Public Library (Me.)--Benefactors
- Baxter Memorial Library (Me.)--Benefactors
- Library benefactors--Maine
- Baxter, James Phinney, 1831-1921--Portrait photographs
- Maine Historical Society--Presidents
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.