Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A costume party or performance at the Portland School of Art (now Maine College of Art) in 1928. One or possibly two of the people photographed are dressed as blackface minstrels.
About This Item
- Title: Costume party, Portland School of Art, 1928
- Creator: Portland Press Herald
- Creation Date: 1928
- Subject Date: 1928
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.16356
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Art education--Maine--Portland
- Maine College of Art--Social aspects
- Portland School of Art
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.