Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Auto racing at Old Orchard Beach began in 1911. The start and finish line was the pier. Googins' Rocks was the southernmost turning point.
The car in this image sports an E-M-F insignia, indicating a car manufactured by the Everitt-Metzger-Flanders Company.
About This Item
- Title: Race car, Old Orchard Beach, 1912
- Creation Date: 1912
- Subject Date: 1912
- Local Name: Googins' Rocks
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.1049
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Automobile racing--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- E-M-F Company
- Old Orchard Ocean Pier (Old Orchard Beach, Me.)
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.