Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Grenville F. Sparrow of Portland, probably taken in 1862 upon his enlistment in the 17th Maine Volunteers of the U.S. Army.
Sparrow served in some 30 engagements during the Civil War.
About This Item
- Title: Grenville Sparrow, Portland, ca. 1862
- Creation Date: circa 1862
- Subject Date: circa 1862
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Tintype
- Dimensions: 6.2 cm x 5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2293, Scrapbook 3
- Collection: Capt. Granville F. Sparrow Civil War collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Military service, Voluntary
- Sparrow, Granville Fontaine, 1837-1907--Portrait photographs
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 17th (1861-1865)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.