Contributed by Pejepscot History Center
Androscoggin River in the Great Freshet on March 2, 1896 showing the bridge to the old electric power station in the middle, Cabot Mill blacksmith shop on the left and Summer Street, Topsham on right.
The Brunswick Topsham Bridge is faintly visible behind to the left of the Old Electric Power Station.
About This Item
- Title: Great Freshet, Androscoggin River, 1896
- Creator: Webber, G. B.
- Creation Date: 1896-03-02
- Subject Date: 1896-03-02
- Local Name: Androscoggin River
- Town: Brunswick, Topsham
- County: Cumberland, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 22.5 cm
- Local Code: OH1610
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Topsham (Me.)--Floods, 1896
- Brunswick (Me.)--Floods, 1896
- Androscoggin River (Me.)
- blacksmith shop
- bridge to power station
- Brunswick Topsham Green Bridge
- Cabot Mill
- Great Freshet
- old electric power station
- Summer Street, Topsham
For more information about this item, contact:Pejepscot History Center
159 Park Row, Brunswick, ME 04011
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.