Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
John Mahoney (1843-1870) of Augusta enlisted in of Co. B of the 7th Maine Regiment on 21 Aug 1861.
He was 18 years old and enlisted as a private. He was transferred to Co. B of the 1st Maine Veterans Infantry Regiment on August 21, 1864 and was discharged from the service on February 21, 1865 -- because he was missing and unaccounted for.
About This Item
- Title: John Mahoney, ca. 1865
- Creation Date: circa 1865
- Subject Date: circa 1865
- State: ME
- Media: Tintype
- Dimensions: 6.5 cm x 5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2003, Box 2/9
- Collection: Early photography collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Mahoney, John, 1843-1870--Portrait photographs
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 7th (1861-1864)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.