Contributed by an individual through Great Harbor Maritime Museum
With the influx of the Rusticators in the 1880, A.L. Manchester built the house and barn seen in this picture to live in and rent horses and carriages. The single story stucco part was added in the 1930's to house the car repair parts and a place for chauffeurs to relax when not doing their duties.
About This Item
- Title: Manchester Brothers Garage, Mt. Desert
- Creation Date: circa 1940
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- Location: Mount Desert, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 14 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Garages--Maine--Mount Desert--Northeast Harbor
- Automobile service stations--Maine--Mount Desert--Northeast Harbor
- Stables--Maine--Mount Desert--Northeast Harbor
For more information about this item, contact:Great Harbor Maritime Museum
124 Main St, PO Box 145, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.