Contributed by Acadia National Park
Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) worker in Acadia National Park on Mount Desert Island. There were two camps on Mount Desert Island, Bar Harbor and Southwest Harbor.
The CCC was designed to bring together wasted resources: young men and the land. These young men would work in National and State Parks to revitalize the forests and landscape that made up the parks.
About This Item
- Title: CCC Worker in Acadia National Park, ca. 1934
- Creation Date: circa 1934
- Subject Date: circa 1934
- Bar Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Mount Desert, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Acadia National Park (Me.)
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.)--People--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- United States. National Park Service
For more information about this item, contact:Acadia National Park
PO Box 177, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.