Contributed by Acadia National Park
Two unidentified men who were part of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) are shown in Acadia National Park on Mount Desert Island.
Civilian Conservation Corps workers -- part of a Depression-era program to provide employment and preserve forests and national parks -- identified and eradicated forest pests and worked on trails in parks, among other tasks.
About This Item
- Title: CCC workers, Acadia National Park, ca. 1934
- Creation Date: circa 1934
- Subject Date: circa 1934
- Town: Bar Harbor, Mount Desert
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.)--People--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Acadia National Park (Me.)
- Woodcutting--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- United States. National Park Service
For more information about this item, contact:Acadia National Park
PO Box 177, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.