Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The schooner General Banks, probably photographed at the South Portland shipyard in about 1900.
The ship was built at Damariscotta in 1856 and orginally named the Mary and Susan. It was rebuilt and renamed in 1874.
About This Item
- Title: General Banks, South Portland, ca. 1900
- Creator: Coffin, Carl C.
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Print from glass negative
- Local Code: Photographs -- South Portland -- Vessels
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Ships--Maine--South Portland
- General Banks (Ship)
- Mary and Susan (Ship)--History
- Piers & wharves--Maine--South Portland
- Sailing ships--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.