Contributed by Great Harbor Maritime Museum
Manchester Point in Northeast Harbor, site of the first settlement in what was then called Sand Point, by John Manchester in 1775. In the background is Fernald Point, site of the Jesuit Settlement in 1613.
About This Item
- Title: Manchester Point, Northeast Harbor, ca. 1945
- Creator: Fennelly, George
- Creation Date: circa 1945
- Subject Date: circa 1945
- Local Name: Northeast Harbor
- Town: Mount Desert
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 16 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Coastlines--Maine--Mount Desert Island
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- Manchester Point (Northeast Harbor, Me.)
- Capes (Coasts)--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Great Harbor Maritime Museum
124 Main St, PO Box 145, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.