Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Monument Square in Portland, looking east down Congress Street. Behind the monument is the United States Hotel.
Frank L. Foss was president of Foss & O'Connor, which owned the hotel. Peter O'Connor was treasurer.
About This Item
- Title: Monument Square, Portland, 1898
- Creation Date: 1898
- Subject Date: 1898
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Photographs -- Portland -- Streets -- Monument Square
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States Hotel (Portland, Me.)
- Our Lady of Victories
- Utility poles--Maine--Portland
- Portland Soldiers and Sailors Monument
- Soldiers' monuments--Maine--Portland
- Congress Street (Portland, Me.)
- Monument Square (Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.