Contributed by New Sweden Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Westmanland lies west of New Sweden.
It is part of the Maine Swedish Colony settled by the Swedes. Westmanland was organized as a plantation in 1892.
The Westmanland School was part of the New Sweden School District.
About This Item
- Title: Westmanland School, New Sweden, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Westmanland, Aroostook County, ME
- New Sweden, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 15 cm
- Collection: Historic Album of New Sweden, Maine, 1870-1938
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- One-room schools--Maine--Westmanland
- Swedish Americans--Maine
- Rural schools--Maine--Westmanland
For more information about this item, contact:New Sweden Historical Society
116 Station Road, New Sweden, ME 04762
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.