Contributed by New Sweden Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Westmanland lies west of New Sweden.
It is part of the Maine Swedish Colony settled by the Swedes. Westmanland was organized as a plantation in 1892.
The Westmanland School was part of the New Sweden School District.
About This Item
- Title: Westmanland School, New Sweden, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: New Sweden, Westmanland
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 15 cm
- Collection: Historic Album of New Sweden, Maine, 1870-1938
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:New Sweden Historical Society
116 Station Road, New Sweden, ME 04762
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.