Contributed by New Sweden Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Making and bringing in the hay was one of many farm chores in New Sweden. Men as well as women engaged in this very strenuous work in this photo of the Trone Farm. Sylvia Trone is on the right.
Hay was hand loaded with pitch forks onto hay wagons and pulled by a team of horses back to the barn to be unloaded by hand.
About This Item
- Title: Bringing in the hay, Trone Farm, New Sweden, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: New Sweden
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 15 cm x 11 cm
- Collection: Historic Album of New Sweden, Maine, 1870-1938
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Swedish Americans--Economic & social conditions
- Swedish Americans--Maine
- Farms--Maine--New Sweden
- Farming--Maine--New Sweden
- Women--Economic & social conditions
- Women--Domestic life
For more information about this item, contact:New Sweden Historical Society
116 Station Road, New Sweden, ME 04762
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.