Contributed by Island Falls Historical Society
- Item 20197
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Pettengill's Hall, also known as Island Falls Opera House, was built in 1894. A general store was on the first floor and the hall was upstairs. The hall provided facilities for public gatherings such as town meetings and graduations. Movies were shown in the hall from 1910 to 1965. Talking movies began to be shown in 1930.
About This Item
- Title: Pettengill's Hall, Island Falls, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: Island Falls, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Island Falls Opera House (Island Falls, Me.)
- Theaters--Maine--Island Halls
- Opera houses--Maine--Island Falls
- Concert halls--Maine--Island Falls
For more information about this item, contact:Island Falls Historical Society
PO Box 204, Island Falls, ME 04747
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.