Contributed by Island Falls Historical Society
- Item 20184
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Log drive down Mattawamkeag River. The last log drive down the Mattawamgeak River was in 1920.
About This Item
- Title: Log drive, Island Falls, ca. 1895
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Location: Island Falls, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 17 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Booms (Log transportation)--Maine
- Log transportation--Maine
- Lumber industry--Maine--Island Falls
- Log driving--Maine
- Yarding (Logging)--Maine
- Mattawamkeag River (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Island Falls Historical Society
PO Box 204, Island Falls, ME 04747
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.