Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A ballad entitled "Mournful Tragedy" discusses the drowning of six young men in Portland Harbor in about 1850.
About This Item
- Title: Ballad concerning drowning in Portland Harbor, ca. 1850
- Creator: Stephen Berry, Printer, Portland
- Creation Date: circa 1850
- Subject Date: circa 1850
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 463, No. 124
- Collection: WPA broadsides relating to Maine, Massachusetts, and World War I
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.