Contributed by Maine Granite Industry Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student. More info about student projects.
As the granite industry began to wane in the 1920's, new workers became harder to find. In order to help the industry, the State of Maine instituted a granite industry training program, complete with instruction manual.
About This Item
- Title: Granite Industry Instruction Manual
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Mount Desert, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Paper and ink print
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Stone quarrying--Maine
- Granite quarrying--Maine
- Standard Granite Quarry Company (Mount Desert, Me.)
- Hall Quarry (Mount Desert, Me.)
- Granite industry and trade
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Granite Industry Historical Society
62 Beech Hill Cross Road, Mount Desert, ME 04660
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.