Contributed by Maine Granite Industry Historical Society
The Hall Quarry school house and students. This image was taken in 1905. None of the children have been identifed. Hall Quarry is located in the town of Mount Desert on Mount Desert Island.
Hall Quarry was once a major granite quarry. The school house was torn down in the 1970's.
About This Item
- Title: Hall Quarry Schoolhouse and Children
- Creation Date: 1905
- Subject Date: 1905
- Local Name: Hall Quarry
- Town: Mount Desert
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 26 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hall Quarry (Mount Desert, Me.)
- Schools--Maine--Mount Desert
- Hall Quarry School (Mount Desrt, Me.)
- Rural schools--Maine--Mount Desert
- Group portraits
- Granite quarrying--Maine--Mount Desert
- Stone quarrying
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Granite Industry Historical Society
62 Beech Hill Crossroad, Mount Desert, ME 04660
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.