Contributed by Maine Forest Service
The Forest Service steel fire lookout tower on Snow Mountain, built in 1914 replaced a wood one built in 1910. The new tower is 24-feet high and built at an elevation of 3,948 feet.
About This Item
- Title: Forest Service fire lookout, Snow Mountain, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: T2 R5 WBKP
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.7 cm x 13.7 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fire lookout stations--Maine--T2 R5 WBKP
- Fire lookouts--Maine--T2 R5 WBKP
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry--Facilities
- Fire prevention--Maine--T2 R5 WBKP
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Forest Service
Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry, 18 Elkins Lane, Harlow Building, 22 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.