Contributed by Maine Forest Service
The Forest Service fire lookout station at Otter Lake Mountain in 1920.
The original lookout at the mountain was wood and constructed in 1911-1912. The steel tower was built in 1918. It is 48-feet tall and was built at an elevation of 595 feet.
About This Item
- Title: Otter Lake fire lookout station, 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: T3 R4 WELS
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 8.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fire lookouts--Maine--T3 R4 WELS
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry--Employees
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry--Facilities
- Fire lookout stations--Maine--T3 R4 WELS
- Fire prevention--Maine--T3 R4 WELS
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Forest Service
Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry, 18 Elkins Lane, Harlow Building, 22 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.