Contributed by Maine Forest Service
Two Forest Service employees, Allen and Oscar Sadler, at the watch station at Cooper Hill in about 1919.
A wood fire watch tower was built on the mountain in 1913 and rebuilt in 1925. A steel tower, using steel from the Naval Radio Tower in Bar Harbor, went up in 1937.
About This Item
- Title: Forest Service watchmen, Cooper Hill, Cooper, ca. 1919
- Creation Date: circa 1919
- Subject Date: circa 1919
- Town: Cooper
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.8 cm x 13.2 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Forest Service--Employees
- Fire lookouts--Maine--Cooper
- Fire lookout stations--Maine--Cooper
- Fire prevention--Maine
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--Cooper
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Forest Service
Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry, 18 Elkins Lane, Harlow Building, 22 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.