Contributed by Maine Historical Society
A letter from Charles Webb, acting quartermaster, to Lt. Horatio N. Jose, quartermaster of the Maine 12th Regiment, concerns supplies apparently left behind at Shore House at Bayou Boeuf, Louisiana, when the regiment shipped out.
About This Item
- Title: Letter concerning regimental supplies, 1861
- Creator: Webb, Charles D.
- Creation Date: 1861-11-24
- Subject Date: 1861
- Town: Bayou Boeuf
- State: LA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 941, Misc. Box 36/11
- Collection: Jotham Sewall papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Equipment and supplies
- Jose, Horatio N.--Correspondence
- Military supplies
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 12th (1861-1864)
- Webb, Charles D.--Correspondence
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.