Contributed by Maine Historical Society
A letter from Charles Webb, acting quartermaster, to Lt. Horatio N. Jose, quartermaster of the Maine 12th Regiment, concerns supplies apparently left behind at Shore House at Bayou Boeuf, Louisiana, when the regiment shipped out.
About This Item
- Title: Letter concerning regimental supplies, 1861
- Creator: Webb, Charles D.
- Creation Date: 1861-11-24
- Subject Date: 1861
- Town: Bayou Boeuf
- State: LA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 941, Misc. Box 36/11
- Collection: Jotham Sewall papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Equipment and supplies
- Jose, Horatio N.--Correspondence
- Military supplies
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 12th (1861-1864)
- Webb, Charles D.--Correspondence
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.