Contributed by Maine Historical Society
John Pyles petitioned Sir Edmond Andross, governor of New England, requesting a tract of land west of the Pemaquid River.
About This Item
- Title: John Pyles land petition, ca. 1675
- Creator: Pyles, John
- Creation Date: circa 1675
- Subject Date: circa 1675
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 422, v. 2, p. 121
- Collection: Maine Historical Society manuscript scrapbooks
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Andros, Edmund, Sir, 1637-1714--Correspondence
- Land grants--Maine
- Pyles, John--Correspondence
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.