Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Carnegie Hall library was built in 1903 at the University of Maine, Orono. Andrew Carnegie, who funded libraries across the country did not usually give to college libraries, but made a personal donation of $50,000 for this building.
It was used as a library until 1947.
About This Item
- Title: Library, University of Maine, Orono, ca. 1930
- Creator: Machleith Photo System
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Orono
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: Postcards 2005.134
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- University of Maine at Orono (Orono, Me.)--Buildings
- Carnegie libraries--Maine--Orono
- University of Maine at Orono. Library--Postcards
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.