Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Robert E. Lee, commander of the Army of Northern Virginia for the Confederate States wrote to General Braxton Bragg in Richmond asking him to consider reforming the conscript service and to enforce the conscript laws.
About This Item
- Title: Letter from Robert E. Lee to Gen. Braxton Bragg, 1864
- Creator: Lee, Robert E.
- Creation Date: 1864-08-16
- Subject Date: 1864
- Town: Richmond
- State: VA, WV
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 420, Box 39/26
- Collection: John S. H. Fogg autograph collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bragg, Braxton, 1817-1876--Correspondence
- Confederate States of America. Army of Northern Virginia--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.
- Lee, Robert E. (Robert Edward), 1807-1870--Autographs
- Recruiting and enlistment
- Lee, Robert E. (Robert Edward), 1807-1870--Correspondence
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Recruiting and enlistment
- Confederate States of America
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.