Contributed by Presque Isle Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Photograph shows railroad workers and clerks in a Bangor and Aroostook Railroad station. Walls floors and ceiling of office are wooden. Stove in middle of room has coal scuttle next to it.
Large desk on right is high, requiring clerk to stand or use a very high chair. This clerk has a phone. A light bulb extends from the high ceiling. Map of Eastern United States on facing wall.
About This Item
- Title: Bangor and Aroostook Train Station, Presque Isle, ca. 1908
- Creation Date: circa 1908
- Subject Date: circa 1908
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 16.03 cm x 21.15 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Railroad employees--Maine--Presque Isle
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company--Buildings--Maine--Presque Isle
- Railroad stations--Maine--Presque Isle--Interiors
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Historical Society
PO Box 285, Presque Isle, ME 04769
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.