Contributed by Presque Isle Air Museum
A Northeast Airlines DC-3 is parked at the post World War II Presque Isle Air Terminal Building on outer Mechanic Street bordering Presque Isle Army Air Field.
Northeast Airlines DC-3s (as redesignated C-47s) and Northeast Airlines air crews performed survey and rescue flights from Presque Isle from 1941-1945. Commercial service resumed at the airfield about mid 1945.
About This Item
- Title: Northeast Airlines DC-3, Presque Isle, ca. 1945
- Creation Date: circa 1945
- Subject Date: circa 1945
- Location: Presque Isle, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Douglas DC-3 (Transport plane)--Photographs
- Jet transports
- United States. Army Air Forces--Equipment and supplies
- World War, 1939-1945
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Transport Command
- Airports--Maine--Presque Isle
- United States. Air Force
- Northeast Airlines--Equipment and supplies
- Mechanic Street
- Northeast Airlines
- Presque Isle Air Terminal Building
- Presque Isle Army Air Field
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Air Museum
650 Airport Drive Suite 4, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.