Contributed by Presque Isle Air Museum
A Northeast Airlines DC-3 is parked at the post World War II Presque Isle Air Terminal Building on outer Mechanic Street bordering Presque Isle Army Air Field.
Northeast Airlines DC-3s (as redesignated C-47s) and Northeast Airlines air crews performed survey and rescue flights from Presque Isle from 1941-1945. Commercial service resumed at the airfield about mid 1945.
About This Item
- Title: Northeast Airlines DC-3, Presque Isle, ca. 1945
- Creation Date: circa 1945
- Subject Date: circa 1945
- Local Name: Mechanic Street
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Air Museum
650 Airport Drive Suite 4, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Douglas DC-3 (Transport plane)--Photographs
- Jet transports
- United States. Army Air Forces--Equipment and supplies
- World War, 1939-1945
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Transport Command
- Airports--Maine--Presque Isle
- United States. Air Force
- Northeast Airlines--Equipment and supplies
- Mechanic Street
- Northeast Airlines
- Presque Isle Air Terminal Building
- Presque Isle Army Air Field
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.