Contributed by Eliot Baha'i Archives
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Sarah Jane Farmer, at the far right of this photograph, shown on board the S.S. Furst Bismark during a voyage to the Mediterranean in 1900. Other known women on this cruise were Maria P. Wilson, Elizabeth Knudson, and Josephine Locke. Sarah Farmer met 'Abdu'l-Baha in Palestine during this trip abroad. She later became a Baha'i. Her property, Green Acre in Eliot, Maine, was used during the summer months as a philosophical and spiritual retreat center, hosting dignitaries from many philosophical movements and religions.
About This Item
- Title: Sarah Jane Farmer and travel companions on the S.S. Furst Bismark, 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Eliot, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Farmer, Sarah Jane, 1847-1916--Travel
- Baha'i Faith--History
- Green Acre Baha'i School (Me.)
- Farmer, Sarah Jane, 1847-1916--Friends & associates
For more information about this item, contact:Eliot Baha'i Archives
657 Goodwin Rd., Eliot, ME 03903
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.