Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Painted version of the map of Falmouth Neck as it was when destroyed by Mowat October 18, 1775. The map originally was created in 1850 and published by Bailey & Noyes of Portland.
About This Item
- Title: Painted map of destroyed Falmouth Neck, 1775
- Creator: Burrage, Mildred
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: 1775-10-18
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Painted gesso
- Dimensions: 107 cm x 155 cm
- Local Code: 2004.314
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Portland (Me.)--Maps
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Paintings
- Falmouth (Me.)--Burning by the British, 1775--Maps
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.