Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Moses Greenleaf wrote to his family from Cliffton, Tennessee, where his regiment stopped on its way to winter quarters in Mississippi.
Greenleaf, a native of Maine, served in Co. I of the 9th Minnesota Infantry Regiment.
About This Item
- Title: Civil War letter from Moses Greenleaf, Tennessee, 1865
- Creator: Greenleaf, Moses L.
- Creation Date: 1865-01-05
- Subject Date: 1865
- Town: Clifton
- County: Wayne
- State: TN
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 2092, Box 1A/3
- Collection: Greenleaf family papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Personal narratives
- Greenleaf, Moses--Correspondence
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.