Contributed by Durham Historical Society
In this Lewiston Sun Journal news photo, Durham's Democratic Committee delegation confers at a caucus in Lewiston to re-elect U.S. Representative William Hathaway, a Congressman from Maine's second district, who served from 1965-1973. He later became a United States Senator, serving from 1973-1979.
From left to right, the delegation consists of Durham residents Dwight Wright, May Parker, George Hunter, and Joseph F. Byrus.
About This Item
- Title: Durham Democratic Committee delegation, Lewiston, ca. 1966
- Creator: Lewiston Sun Journal
- Creation Date: circa 1966
- Subject Date: circa 1966
- Town: Durham, Lewiston
- County: Androscoggin, Androscroggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18.8 cm x 24.2 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Durham Historical Society
, Durham, ME
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.