Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Jesse B. Allen of Portland enlisted in Co. E, 1st Maine Volunteers, during the Civil War. He served for three months, then enlisted in Co. A, 12th Maine Volunteers. He was promoted to 1st sergeant. He was mustered out in December 1864.
Allen worked as a glazier in Portland.
About This Item
- Title: Jesse B. Allen, Portland, ca. 1865
- Creation Date: circa 1865
- Subject Date: circa 1865
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 6 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--People--Allen
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Allen, Jesse B.--Portrait photographs
- Cartes de visite
- Military personnel
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Military personnel
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 12th (1861-1864)
- Maine Infantry. 1st Regiment, 1861
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.