Contributed by Oakfield Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The transfer table was used to move cars into the Derby repair shop.
A car was moved onto the table, the table moved laterally so that the car was in front of the appropriate repair bay and then a cable was attached to the car and a winch was used to pull the car into the repair shop.
About This Item
- Title: Bangor and Aroostook transfer table, Derby, ca. 1945
- Creator: Richard W. Sprague
- Creation Date: circa 1945
- Subject Date: circa 1945
- Location: Derby, Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24 cm
- Collection: Richard Sprague
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company--Equipment and supplies
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company--People
- Railroad repair shops--Maine--Derby
- Transfer tables (Railroads)--Maine--Derby
For more information about this item, contact:Oakfield Historical Society
PO Box 176, Oakfield, ME 04763
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.