Contributed by L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student. More info about student projects.
The Patrons of Husbandry, known as the Grange, collected funds to provide a cottage to the new "Girls Farm" at Good Will Homes in Fairfield.
At the 22nd state Grange meeting in Bangor in 1895, it was decided to raise funds for the Grange Cottage that was dedicated on December 20, 1897. The Grange also provided funds for furniture for the cottage.
The Grange has continued to provide support for Grange Cottage.
About This Item
- Title: Grange Cottage, Good Will Homes, 1911
- Creator: Good Will Home Association
- Creation Date: 1911
- Subject Date: 1911
- Location: Fairfield, Somerset County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: 2004.493
- Collection: Good Will Home Association collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Farmer's groups--Grange--Maine--Fairfield
- Good Will-Hinckley Home for Boys and Girls (Fairfield, Me.)--Buildings
- Grange Cottage (Fairfield, Me.)
- National Grange
For more information about this item, contact:L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
Route 201, Hinckley, ME 04944
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.