Contributed by Brewer Public Library
Lt. Col Thomas Chamberlain enlisted for the Civil War as Captain on August 29, 1862. He commissioned in Company G, 20th Maine Infantry Regiment Maine. He transferred to Company S on January 28, 1865 and was promoted to Full Major on the same day. He was promoted to Full Lieutenant Colonel on March 15, 1865 and mustered out on July 16, 1865.
He was the brother of Gen. Joshua L. Chamberlain and the son of Joshua and Sarah Brastow Chamberlain. Thomas was born on April 29, 1841 and died August 12, 1896. He married Delia F. Jarvis Chamberlain who was the widow of his brother John Chamberlain.
About This Item
- Title: Lt. Col. Thomas Davee Chamberlain
- Creator: BF Smith and Son
- Creation Date: 1865
- Subject Date: 1865
- Town: Brewer
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 6 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Brewer Public Library
24 Union Street, Brewer, ME 04412
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Chamberlain, Thomas--Portrait photographs
- United States. History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maine Regiments, 20th--Portraits.
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiments, 20th--Portraits.
- Chamberlain, ThomasThomas D Chamberlain
- Civil War
- Joshua Chamberlain
- Lt Col Thomas Chamberlain
- Thomas Chamberlain,
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.