Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The weathervane of a sailing ship is mounted atop a tall pole at Seawood, Booth Tarkington's home in Kennebunkport. The photo was taken July 27, 1938 by G. Herbert Whitney, whose wife, Emmie Bailey Whitney, was a reporter and editor for the Lewiston Journal Saturday Magazine.
About This Item
- Title: Weathervane, Booth Tarkington home, Kennebunkport, 1938
- Creator: Whitney, G. Herbert
- Creation Date: 1938-07-27
- Subject Date: 1938-07-27
- Town: Kennebunkport
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 553, No. 2
- Collection: George Herbert Whitney interesting interviews : photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Weather vanes--Maine--Kennebunkport
- Authors, American--Maine
- Tarkington, Booth, (1869-1946)--Homes & haunts--Maine--Kennebunkport
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.