Contributed by Kennebunk Free Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This image, taken about 1900 shows men resurfacing Main Street in Kennebunk as it looked at the turn of the last century, complete with trolley tracks.
Most of the buildings visible in this photo are no longer standing. The house in the foreground on the right was torn down and the hill graded flat so that a gas station could be built. The Pythian building is visible on the left.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Kennebunk, ca. 1900
- Creator: Moody, Albion
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Kennebunk
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Contact Print from Glass negative
- Dimensions: 12.1 cm x 19.7 cm
- Local Code: Joy 1100
- Collection: Ken Joy Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Road construction--Maine--Kennebunk
- Main Street (Kennebunk, Me.)--Photographs
- Kennebunk (Me.)--Views--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Kennebunk Free Library
112 Main Street, Kennebunk, ME 04043
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.