Contributed by Bucksport Historical Society
George Wardwell used these snowshoes on the expedition to the North Pole with Admiral Robert Peary in 1909. He was the only person from Bucksport on the expedition, but did not go all the way to the North Pole.
About This Item
- Title: George Wardwell snowshoes, Bucksport, ca. 1909
- Creation Date: circa 1909
- Subject Date: circa 1909
- Location: Bucksport, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Wood, leather
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Personal belongings
- Arctic regions--Discovery and exploration--Equipment and supplies
- Peary, Robert E. (Robert Edwin), 1856-1920
For more information about this item, contact:Bucksport Historical Society
PO Box 798, Bucksport, ME 04416
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.