Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Known as The Elms, this home belonged to Stephen Longfellow III, Judge of Common Pleas Court from 1798 to 1811 and a Senator when Maine was part of Massachusetts.
His son, Stephen Longfellow, was the father of poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
About This Item
- Title: Stephen Longfellow house, Gorham, ca. 1880
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Town: Gorham
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7 cm x 11.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4025, Box 20/Fl3/v1_P20A_B
- Collection: Ernest R. Rowe photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Homes and haunts--Maine--Gorham
- Longfellow, Stephen, 1776-1849--Homes and haunts--Maine--Gorham
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.