Contributed by Caribou Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Hardwood potato barrels set out for the potato pickers.
After the potato digger extracted the potatoes from the ground, potato pickers worked through a field gathering the potatoes into baskets then dumping them into barrels.
Pickers were paid by the barrel.
About This Item
- Title: Potato barrels at harvest, Caribou, ca. 1930
- Creator: Whitneck, George
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Caribou
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Agricultural laborers--Maine--Caribou
- Agricultural machinery & implements--Maine--Caribou
- Potato growers--Maine--Caribou
For more information about this item, contact:Caribou Public Library
30 High Street, Caribou, ME 04736
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.