Contributed by Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
- Item 12750
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Workers at one of the early fish canneries located on Center Harbor in Brooklin, about 1910. Note the predominance of women in this workforce.
Third from the right in the second row is Celestia Seavey Bridges.
About This Item
- Title: Fish Cannery workers, Brooklin, ca. 1910
- Creator: Jane Hooper
- Creation Date: 1995
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Location: Brooklin, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photo transparency
- Local Code: Brooklin Fish Factories 22/6
- Collection: Private collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Stevens Sardine Cannery (Brooklin, Me.)--Employees--Photographs
- Canned food industry--Maine--Brooklin
- Industrial facilities--Maine--Brooklin
- People--Women--Rural Women
- Women--Clothing & dress--Dresses
- Group portraits
- Sardine fisheries--Maine--Brooklin
- fashion circa 1900
- Industrial Facilities
- maritime industry
- working women
For more information about this item, contact:Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
PO Box 171, Sedgwick, ME 04646
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.