Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Rigby Park, a racetrack in South Portland, was at the terminus of the new electrical road that began at Willard Beach. It was in operation from 1893-1898.
About This Item
- Title: Rigby Park, South Portland, ca. 1895
- Creator: R. Cutler Libby
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: South Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8 cm x 11 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 423, Box 3/16
- Collection: R. Cutler Libby glass plate negatives
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Amusement parks--Maine--South Portland
- Racetracks (Horseracing)--Maine--South Portland
- Rigby Park (South Portland, Me.)--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.