Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map 2 from the Plymouth Company's collection of papers. This map shows a plan of Cobbosseecontee Stream in Maine, illustrated with a hunter, deer and dog. Cobboseecontee Stream is now called Cobbosseecontee Lake, and Cobbosseconte First Pond, mentioned on the map, is now Pleasant Pond, both located near Augusta.
Towns and locations covered by this map include Gardiner, West Gardiner, Farmingdale, Hallowell, Augusta, Litchfield, Manchester, Winthrop, and Monmouth and Fort Western.
Landowners' names include Benjamin Howells, Silvester Gardiner, Thomas Hancock and James Pitts.
Samuel Goodwin, clerk to the Plymouth Company, copied this plan of McKechnie's.
About This Item
- Title: Cobbosseecontee Stream copied July 29, 1765, map 2
- Creator: McKechnie, John
- Creation Date: 1765-07-29
- Subject Date: 1765-07-29
- Town: Augusta, Farmingdale, Gardiner, Hallowell, Litchfield, Manchester, Monmouth, Winthrop
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Ink, wash on paper, map
- Dimensions: 42 cm x 23 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 60, Map 2
- Collection: Plymouth Company (1749-1816) records
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cobbosseecontee Lake (Me.)--Maps
- Gardiner, Silvester, 1708-1786
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps
- Manuscript maps
- Plymouth Company--Records and correspondence
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.