Contributed by Longfellow Garden Club
A hand painted-lantern slide shows a view of the Longfellow Garden as it was in the 1930s.
Gladys Pratt of the American Museum of Natural History in New York painted the slide. The Longfellow Garden Club, which maintained the garden at the Wadsworth-Longfellow House on Congress Street in Portland, used lantern slides of the garden and surrounding area for talks they gave.
About This Item
- Title: Longfellow Garden, Portland, ca. 1936
- Creation Date: circa 1936
- Subject Date: circa 1936
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Lantern slide
- Local Code: Coll. 1936, Box 21, #112
- Collection: Longfellow Garden Club records at Maine Historical Society
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Historic Gardens--Maine--Portland
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow Garden Club
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Portland, Me.)
- Longfellow Garden (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Longfellow Garden Club
c/o Maine Historical Society, 489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.