Contributed by Longfellow Garden Club
The sundial in the Longfellow Garden on Congress Street in Portland is shown on a lantern slide that Gladys Pratt of the American Museum of Natural History in New York hand painted.
The slide is one of many the Longfellow Garden Club used in lectures about that garden that it maintained and the Wadsworth-Longfellow house, which the garden surrounds.
About This Item
- Title: Longfellow Garden sundial, Portland, ca. 1935
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Lantern slide
- Local Code: Coll. 1936 Box 21 #65
- Collection: Longfellow Garden Club records at Maine Historical Society
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Historic Gardens--Maine--Portland
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Portland, Me.)
- Longfellow Garden (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow Garden Club
For more information about this item, contact:Longfellow Garden Club
c/o Maine Historical Society, 489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.